четверг, 21 сентября 2017 г.

Emerson Changing Table Topper

Hi everyone!

You know how you get so wrapped up in a project, you might just forget about everything else???

Well, we've got a baby coming in a matter of weeks ... and we've been so busy finishing up the Momplex for Sewing Mom to move in, that we haven't had much time to focus on getting a nursery ready for the new baby moving in soon too.

There's a part of me that wants to save a few projects undone right here in our home, that I can work on when the baby is napping, so I haven't been too stressed if our little one isn't greeted by a fully finished nursery when he or she comes home. Winters are hard enough up here in Alaska, with the cold and dark - but add a newborn baby into the mix? I'm definitely going to need a few projects here and there to keep the baby blues away.

But one thing we absolutely knew we needed for the baby's room was a dedicated changing table, with storage.

I built this buffet (plans here) because I loved the rustic, reclaimed look, and wanted something a little less "changing table" looking for the baby room, but needed to add something on top to make it a little less buffet looking and more functional.

So I picked up a few 1x4s, and made a topper!
And my sister came over and stained it to match the buffet.

We sized the topper to fit a standard changing pad (16" x 32") and left enough room in a side compartment for diapering supplies.

It's a great feeling knowing this table is done!

And of course, I'm sharing the plans with you below.

Enjoy!

XO Ana

Step 3 Instructions:

Original article and pictures take http://ana-white.com/2013/11/plans/emerson-changing-table-topper site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий